GRAYBOX is the premier digital technology consulting firm in Portland, Oregon. We pride ourselves on the consistent and reliable execution of complex digital projects. At our core, we are an experienced team of professional design, marketing, technical and business consultants that aim to serve our client-partners well and produce great results for their businesses.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the region, we are seeking to expand the capabilities of our teams. To that end, we are looking for an Account Strategist to work directly with our clients and help their business grow through effective digital strategy.
This role will work primarily with our Applications team that focuses on building web-based apps, mobile apps, and emerging technology. More broadly, GRAYBOX is currently organized into groups — called Practices — based on the multiple types of work we’re engaged with:
- Marketing (Website + Digital Marketing)
- Applications (Web Apps + Mobile Apps + New Technologies)
- Ecommerce (Enterprise Ecommerce Ecosystems & Storefront Builds)
You’ll Be Expected To
- Drive healthy account relationships and client strategy.
- Building, maintaining, and improving our existing account relationships — you set the tone and ensure that clients feel supported and represented internally at GRAYBOX.
- Setting account strategy and areas of focus based on a client’s goals.
- Knowing your clients’ business and product strategy like it was your own.
- Identify opportunities for additional product development.
- Collaborate with internal team to set product-level strategy.
- Representing clients’ perspective internally.
- Developing account contacts up and down the client organization.
- Regular account check-ins with clients and internal team.
- Knowing clients’ data and performance.
- Ensuring client goals are being met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in day-to-day planning/agile ceremonies to support ongoing work.
- Co-leading strategic planning sessions with VP of Strategy.
Lead sales operations within your area of expertise; this will include:
- Developing opportunities with existing clients — you’re always on the lookout for new ways we can serve our clients well
- Writing and presenting new sales proposals
- Working with VP of Strategy and Practice Director(s) on gathering requirements and estimates for new work from the team
- Ensuring statements of works, created by our teams (not you), are complete and accurate for your clients.
These Should All Describe You
- You have a strong track record of building relationships with clients and internal teams alike
- You love working with clients and they love working with you
- You love a good [virtual or in-person] whiteboard session and can translate client requirements to the internal team
On a Practical Note, We Have a Few Qualifications
- Professional services experience in an account management or strategy role
- Strong background of experience within product and/or application development, including web-based or mobile applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 16 days PTO + 8 Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.