GRAYBOX is a digital consultancy agency in Portland, Oregon. GRAYBOX partners with companies to help them succeed in a digital-first world. We’re looking for an internet business consultant and implementation specialist who specializes in a variety of ecommerce systems including Magento, Shopify, and BigCommerce.
Your role will be working with clients and our in-house team to observe problems, advise on solutions and implement various ecommerce systems for our clients. Specifically, we work closely with Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento & WooCommerce. We’re also working with some headless commerce systems lately.
You will work with a small team of experts from our strategy, creative, and development teams to realize our client’s vision. Our customers partner with us because we care about building great experiences. Your hard work will not go unnoticed, or be buried in bureaucracy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Builders: You grew from either a design or engineering background to become a product or team leader.
- Consultants: Knowing when and how to inform, educate, and corral our customer expectations. An expert at distilling and harnessing a customer’s vision.
- Product Oriented: Diving into wireframe reviews, and providing decisive on-the-fly leadership to our customers, and internal teams.
- Self-driven learners: “I can’t” and “I don’t know” aren’t in your lexicon. You have been the catch-all expected to “find out”, and be the hub for all knowledge for our customers and their projects.
- Product: Running requirements gathering sessions, driving governance and decision making, performing horizontal and vertical competitive research.
- Evaluator: Taking client requirements/goals and evaluating ecosystem options around those goals. Presenting pros/cons to clients.
- 5+ years of professional experience with ecommerce systems; senior-level preferred
- Excellent track record of communication, dependability and independence
- Deep knowledge of payments, fulfillments, shipping, inventory management and customer support
- Deep knowledge of a variety of different ecommerce systems
- Experience developing long-term strategies to improve a variety of key metrics (conversion rate, AOV, etc.)
- Understands the intersection of creative, marketing, technology and operations to improve ecommerce operations
- Business analyst skill sets
- Strong interpersonal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps you solve technical challenges, reach your audience and optimize your operations with elegance, utility and expertise. We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it. We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work. GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.