GRAYBOX is looking for an Ecommerce Technical Architect to join our team. This role is either fully remote (or in our Portland, OR office). If you are an expert working with a variety of ecommerce platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, etc), looking to push the limits of your knowledge while working with a collaborative goal-oriented team — we’d love to chat with you.
You will consult with and guide business stakeholders, architect platform implementations, and lead a team in the development of highly customized commerce experiences for B2C & B2B clients.
- Analyze, understand and solve problems with both current and future state client needs.
- Architect and implement forward-thinking ecommerce solutions to meet complex client requirements.
- Collaborate with our client partners and your team to identify elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Think holistically, collaborate on solution design, and provide insights to stakeholders.
- Create solid, clear, and comprehensive technical designs; along with estimating and planning implementations.
- Provide context and communicate strategic direction for efforts across the team.
- Drive best practices and technical solutions across the team around coding standards, design patterns, integrations, and placement/flow of business logic.
- Identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity, etc).
- Provide technical guidance and oversight for the delivery of custom ecommerce solutions.
- Utilize and implement modern deployment practices using CI/CD pipelines and testing.
- Work with other architects to create and refine standardized processes.
- Build and implement complex features and functionality for ecommerce.
- Create reusable elements, which can be utilized for different projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- 6+ years of experience in high-end front-end development
- 5+ years of experience with the major Ecommerce Platforms
- 3+ years of experience with Git and code management
- 3+ years of development experience in an agency environment, working on more than one project at a time.
- Strong experience with MySQL
- Deep understanding of technical architecture, design, theming, functional enhancements, optimization & integration methods.
- Ability to develop API integrations between platforms (CRM, ERP, Payment, Shipping, etc).
- Knowledge of how to identify and execute performance optimizations.
- You have a passion for teaching, leading, and mentoring the development team around you with effective communication and collaboration.
- Your focus is finding the, “best tool for the job" and driving the standards for high-quality code while evangelizing best practices.
- You care about process, believe good documentation is critical, and enjoy working with other architects to create and refine standardized processes/solutions.
- You're accountable and find yourself in the constant pursuit of bettering your skills and those of your team around you.
- You’re intimate with Agile practices and the software development lifecycle.
Nice to Have
- Experience creating Ecommerce Plugins/modules (public or private)
- Platform certifications
- Experience with React or GraphQL
- Experience with headless commerce
- AWS / DevOps experience
- Experience with other ecommerce frameworks such as: Commerce Tools, SFCC/Demandware, BigCommerce, Shopify
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 16 days PTO (increasing with tenure) + 8 Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.