GRAYBOX is looking for multiple Magento Developers to join our team for January 2023. This role is either fully remote or in our Portland, OR office. If you have experience working with Magento 2, are looking to grow your knowledge while solving interesting problems with a collaborative, goal-oriented team — we’d love to chat with you.
As a Magento developer on our team, you’ll be responsible for building ecommerce applications, developing custom solutions, implementing designs, maintaining existing code, and actively improving the usability, usefulness, and functionality of highly customized Magento 2 implementations.
You will work Full-time on a dedicated team for a large, globally leading client. This is a great opportunity to build up your resume and work collaboratively with GRAYBOX peers and with a Fortune 100 company.
We are currently looking for multiple people as we have multiple slots to fill for 2023. Each slot can accommodate diverse backgrounds and skillsets. We’re looking for Full Stack, Back-end and Front-end centric developers — so if you are familiar with Magento 2, please apply!
Role Duties & Responsibilities
- Solve complex problems and complete large Magento projects.
- Collaborate with other developers, UX/UI designers, business analysts & project managers.
- Develop code for the Magento 2 (Adobe Commerce Cloud) platform (mostly self-hosted Enterprise on a private Cloud).
- Break down large complex problems into smaller, more manageable chunks of work.
- Produce quality, on-budget, and on-schedule solutions on projects.
- Work with and develop Magento modules, utilizing your understanding of blocks, observers, controllers, models, helpers, and MySQL.
- Identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity, etc).
- Advise and consult on best practices
- Present and demo your work to others
- Required Professional Skills
- Completely dependable and professional
- Great problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude
- Familiarity with Agile (self-managed Spotify agile in particular)
- Good communication in writing, speaking and presenting at demos
- Required Technical Skills
- 2+ years of experience with PHP
- 2+ years of experience with Magento 2
- 2+ years of experience with Git and code management
- Solid experience with MySQL
- Understanding of Docker, Composer & KnockoutJS
- Understanding of Magento architecture, design, theming, functional enhancements, optimization & integration methods.
- Good at troubleshooting and resolving bugs
- Bonus Skills
- You are Magento Certified
- Experience in enterprise-level development projects (Examples — large catalogs, lots of integrations, complex business requirements, etc)
- Ability to develop API integrations between Magento and other platforms (CRM, ERP, Payment, Shipping, etc).
- Knowledge of how to identify and execute performance optimizations.
- 2+ years of development experience in an agency environment, working on more than one project at a time.
- Experience with DevOps — specifically Azure, AWS, etc
Who We Are Looking For
- You actually like & understand Magento
- You are professional, dependable and care about the details
- You love to improve, learn and apply new skills
- You collaborate well with others and lift up your team
- You’re familiar with Agile practices and the software development lifecycle.
- You're accountable, and you care about process
How We’ll Support You
- Competitive salary — 50-80th percentile based on your years of experience and your location
- 16 days PTO + 8 Holidays + a PTO progression system the longer you work here
- Paid Sick Leave
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life & Short-term Disability insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Location & Working Hours
- Position can be remote anywhere in the USA or Canada
- Must generally work & be available on Central Standard Time
- Working while traveling is okay up to 4 weeks a year
- This is a full-time, permanent position that we’ll aim to start you in December 2022 for development start in January 2023
Our process generally involves 4 rounds of interviews; a phone screening, video calls with hiring manager, team members or specialists and CEO. Some of our applicants with technical backgrounds may be asked to complete a skill-based assessment, and review your results with an Architect. If asked to complete an exercise, you will be compensated for your time.
A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results, as a condition of joining the team.
By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
GRAYBOX provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants, and it prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
GRAYBOX Core Values
Our values are the CORE of who we are at GRAYBOX. They’re meant to be a guiding light about what it means to be “at work” and how we interact with each other.
Our values were determined in a collaborative process that included all-company surveys, and a series of moderated workshops with a diverse selection of team members & consultants.
- Stewardship — Care like it's yours
- Craftsmanship — Create with intent
- Delightful — Cultivate positive experiences together
- Growth-Mindset — Improve every day
- Professional — How we work matters
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.