GRAYBOX is the premier digital technology consulting firm in Portland, Oregon. We pride ourselves on the consistent and reliable execution of complex digital projects. At our core, we are an experienced team of professional design, marketing, technical and business consultants that aim to serve our client-partners well and produce great results for their businesses.
As one of the fastest-growing companies in the region, we are seeking to expand the capabilities of our teams. To that end, we are looking for a Principal Account Strategist to work directly with our clients and help their business grow through effective digital strategy.
You will work with a small team of experts from our strategy, creative, and development teams to realize our client’s vision. Our customers partner with us because we care about building great experiences. Your hard work will not go unnoticed, or be buried in bureaucracy.
We're Looking For
- Consultants: Knowing when and how to inform, educate, and corral our customer expectations. An expert at distilling and harnessing a customer’s vision.
- Product Oriented: Diving into wireframe reviews, and providing decisive on-the-fly leadership to our customers, and internal teams.
- Self-driven learners: “I can’t” and “I don’t know” aren’t in your lexicon. You have been the catch-all expected to “find out”, and be the hub for all knowledge for our customers and their projects.
- Product: Running requirements gathering sessions, driving governance and decision making, performing horizontal and vertical competitive research.
- Evaluator: Taking client requirements/goals and evaluating ecosystem options around those goals. Presenting pros/cons to clients.
- A strong track record of building relationships with clients and internal teams alike
- Someone who loves working with clients (and they love working with you!)
- Professionals who love a good [virtual or in-person] whiteboard session and can translate client requirements to the internal team
You'll Be Expected To
Drive healthy account relationships and client strategy.
Build, maintain, and improve our existing account relationships — you set the tone and ensure that clients feel supported and represented internally at GRAYBOX.
Set account strategy and areas of focus based on a client’s goals.
Know your clients’ business and product strategy like it was your own.
Identify opportunities for additional product development.
Collaborate with internal team to set product-level strategy.
Represent clients’ perspective internally.
Develop account contacts up and down the client organization.
Regular account check-ins with clients and internal team.
Know clients’ data and performance.
Ensure client goals are being met on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
Participate in day-to-day planning/agile ceremonies to support ongoing work.
Co-leading strategic planning sessions with VP of Strategy.
Lead sales operations within your area of expertise; this will include:
Developing opportunities with existing clients — you’re always on the lookout for new ways we can serve our clients well
Writing and presenting new sales proposals
Working with VP of Strategy and Practice Director(s) on gathering requirements and estimates for new work from the team
Ensuring statements of works, created by our teams (not you), are complete and accurate for your clients
10+ years of professional experience with ecommerce systems; senior-level preferred
Professional services experience in an account management or strategy role
Excellent track record of communication, dependability and independence
Deep knowledge of payments, fulfillments, shipping, inventory management and customer support
Experience developing long-term strategies to improve a variety of key metrics (conversion rate, AOV, etc.)
An understanding of the intersection of creative, marketing, technology and operations to improve ecommerce operations
Business analyst skill sets
Strong interpersonal and written skills
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Ability to think strategically and creatively
10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
Annual Education Allowance
401k + 4% match
Group Term Life insurance
5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.