GRAYBOX is looking for a world-class QA Engineer to join our team!
You will participate in sprint planning, backlog grooming and Partner facing meetings. Your key role here is to ensure that high quality work is being delivered, discounting is reduced and timelines are respected. To achieve your mission, you will have to coordinate heavily between the production team and the producer of the projects you are working on, the offshore QA team, the Partner and the Director of QA.
From the ticket creation to the delivery to the Partner, you will ensure that the requirements are well understood, accomplished and delivered. You will also provide recommendations for test automation “Selenium”, as well as anything to improve the quality of anything related to the projects.
The ideal candidate will have a serious sense of realism, and be able to adapt to very different types of work, from functional to automated testing, from exploration to test case driven execution, in waterfall and agile projects.
We pride ourselves on bringing in the brightest minds and building a collaborative and fun working environment.
- Sprint planning, backlog grooming, bug scrubbing and ticket management.
- Execute test cases on multiple OS and devices.
- Holistically provide testing solutions on complex new and ongoing projects.
- Provide regression testing and verify fixes.
- Strictly follow our testing practices.
- Improve current automation test covering on a sprint basis.
- Collaborate directly with the Partners on Zoom, Slack and hopefully soon in person.
- 3-5 years of proven working experience in quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience in functional testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
- Experience in user automation testing.
- Experience with remote team collaboration.
- Experience with Magento and Ecommerce platforms.
Nice to have:
You need to be fluent in JIRA, knowledgeable in automated testing tools. You will integrate a very close team of individuals, in a workplace that provides everything to bring individuals above and beyond their abilities, a team where collaboration is key.
Reporting to the Director of QA, your job will be to assure that all the GRAYBOX implementations that go out the door are up to GRAYBOX Standards.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.