GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps our partners solve challenges, reach their audience and optimize their operations with elegance, utility, and expertise. We’re the crazy talented group of digital experts that you’ve been looking to join — our solutions produce exceptional results. This position is for a Senior Fulls Stack Developer (PHP, React, AWS) to help build our most complex and comprehensive products/platforms and by that nature also the most experimental.
- You will work with the Solution Architect on development projects in a variety of languages and frameworks (React, PHP, Symfony, API platform, etc)
- You will work on production client projects with a team of in-house developers to problem solve, validate, estimate, and build web and mobile applications.
- You will follow best practices and technical solutions with regard to coding standards, design patterns, and placement/flow of business logic.
- You will report to your project managers on your progress and keep the team up-to-date on your work.
- You will work with the internal QA department to submit your work for testing and correct reported deficiencies.
- You will identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity, etc) to the project manager.
- You will troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product for existing and developed applications.
- You will answer questions and provide direction to other team members both verbally and in written communication.
- You will think holistically and collaborate on solution design with clients, producers, and solution architects.
- You will provide peer mentorship and on-the-job training with the team.
Projects you might work on in your first 6 months:
- Extending an exploratory database of dreams.
- Online schools helping special needs children learn in a remote world.
- Analytical apps for pulling and calculating data and visually representing them into graphs.
- Messaging applications letting users communicate in real-time via Mobile Apps
- Native apps, PWAs, regular sites, and more.
- You have provable experience building web and/or mobile applications.
- You can implement external integrations using RESTful APIs as well as create your own endpoints.
- You have no issues querying relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc).
- You can navigate and configure cloud infrastructures (AWS, GCP, etc)
- You're accountable and find yourself in the constant pursuit of bettering your skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- $1,000 Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% Salary Match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Lots of small benefit options (Disability, Aflac, Pet Insurance, Etc)
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Location & Remote Work
- Role is open to anywhere in the USA
- Our Portland Office if currently closed. When it reopens — if within 50 miles of Portland, the expectation is a flexible schedule with part-time office use and part-time work from home.
- Working while traveling is okay — just do good work on time
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.