GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps our partners solve challenges, reach their audience and optimize their operations with elegance, utility, and expertise. We’re the crazy-talented group of digital experts that you’ve been looking to join — our solutions produce exceptional results. This position is for a Sr. Project Manager to help organize, lead and steward the strategy, design & build process for our client’s most complex and comprehensive products/platforms.
Sr. Project Managers at GRAYBOX will work closely with clients, subject matter experts, and both internal and external teams in the development and implementation of multiple concurrent projects while keeping stakeholders up-to-date on progress and acting as a true consulting partner on the management of strategic and tactical marketing objectives. This position will enforce process driven development and preserve data across all projects to monitor and report on health and risks, while making sure the team has all they need to be successful, removing blockers, supporting communication channels, and ensuring documentation is well maintained.
Ideal Project Managers like you will be:
- Builders: You grew from either a design or engineering background to become a team and project leader
- Follow Process: Documentation and communications is critical in a project, and you care about following and enforcing strong processes to maintain that. You work with the team to draft well defined requirements and ensure documentation is well kept
- Consultants: You know when and how to inform, understand, educate, and corral customer expectations and are an expert at distilling and harnessing a customer’s vision to drive success
- Product Oriented: You possess the ability to understand and guide wireframe reviews while providing on-the-fly guidance to our customers, and internal teams
- Leaders: You feel at home running sprint planning sessions and retrospectives, communicating estimates to customers, mentoring designers and developers, and providing upward visibility to executive sponsors
- Self-motivated learners: You know both when to ask questions and when to drive research and discovery. You possess self driven attitude and comfortable becoming the hub for all knowledge for our customers and their projects
- Motivated to Succeed: You believe in accountability and are able to drive a project to be delivered on time, on budget, and with an eye for quality
- Detailed & Data Driven: You believe in the use of cutting edge project management tools to manage schedules, budgets, burn-rates and trust in data to drive success
- Experienced: You have experience as both a product owner and consultant, and have successfully lead marketing and/or development projects to success
- Successful candidate will be collaborative, self-motivated, passionate, dependable and highly-experienced
- You are task oriented and able to drive teams towards delivery
- You have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing digital environment and respond to change quickly
- Candidates will be highly communicative, responsible, empathetic, nice and fun to work with
- You’re a team player who possesses a nurturing attitude with the ability to both learn from Sr. staff and teach Jr. staff
- Technical experience with modern development platforms
- Ability to guide a client through the web design/development process
- Very organized and can keep track of the minutiae as well as how they fit into the big picture
- Experience with professional services business and maintaining good client relationship
- Always learning and building your skillset, as things change fast
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to craft and deliver presentations, project briefs, emails
- Stress-tolerant and able to manage multiple projects and teams
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- 10 days PTO + 10 Floating Holidays (you pick meaningful holidays to you)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- $1,000 Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% Salary Match
- Group Term Life insurance
- Lots of small benefit options (Disability, Aflac, Pet Insurance, Etc)
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Location & Remote Work
- Role is open to anywhere in the USA
- Our Portland Office if currently closed. When it reopens — if within 50 miles of Portland, the expectation is a flexible schedule with part-time office use and part-time work from home
- Working while traveling is okay — just do good work on time
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
GRAYBOX is a digital consulting agency that helps you solve technical challenges, reach your audience and optimize your operations with elegance, utility and expertise. We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it. We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work. GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.