GRAYBOX is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to join our team! This role is either fully remote (or partially in our Portland, OR office, once we return to office work). If you have experience managing complex, large projects/programs, and leading design & development teams in various engagements then we want to talk with you! Ideal candidates will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication (written and verbal) and problem-solving skills, and keep projects on track from both a timeline and quality standpoint.
Project Managers at GRAYBOX will work closely with clients, subject matter experts and both internal and external teams in the development and implementation of multiple concurrent projects while keeping stakeholders up-to-date on progress of strategic and tactical business objectives.
Who We Need:
- Builders: You grew from either a design or engineering background to become a team and project leader.
- Leaders: You feel at home running planning sessions, retrospectives, communicating estimates to customers, collaborating with designers and developers, and providing upward visibility to executive sponsors.
- Consultants: You know when and how to inform, understand, educate, and corral customer expectations and are an expert at distilling and harnessing a customer’s vision to drive success.
- Product & Solution Oriented: You possess the ability to understand user experience, customer journeys, complex integrated systems and how to distill complex needs into actionable plans.
- Partner Oriented: You possess the ability to understand and guide wireframe reviews while providing on-the-fly guidance to our partners and internal teams.
- Self-motivated learners: You know both when to ask questions and when to drive research and discovery. You possess a self-driven attitude and are comfortable becoming the hub for all knowledge for our customers and their projects.
- Resilient & Motivated to Succeed: You can see your own mistakes, constantly apply learning from failure, and being transparent is part of your DNA. You thrive with accountability and are able to successfully deliver projects - on time, on budget, and with an eye for quality.
- Detailed & Data-Centric: You believe in the use of project management tools to manage schedules, budgets, burn-rates, and trust in data to drive success.
- Experienced: You have experience as both a product owner and project manager, and have successfully led creative and development projects to success.
- Project scoping, requirements gathering, creating documentation.
- Create, execute and maintain project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with UX/Design, Architects, QA & Developers to ensure documentation and project artifacts are being produced and communicated.
- Managing mostly large scale projects and products.
- Proactively identify and manage risk, budget, and potential scope changes.
- The primary day to day point of contact and escalation for client partners.
- Manage the project team, sprints, backlogs and release cycles to ensure smooth execution and on-time delivery.
- Coordinate communication from all project team members, third-parties and our client partners.
- Oversee the resource management across your own projects, understand and anticipate project and resource needs and dependencies.
- Review project deliverables from the team before presenting to the client.
- You are a collaborative, self-motivated, passionate, dependable and a fast learner.
- You have the ability to adapt to an ever-changing digital environment and respond to change quickly.
- You are task-oriented and able to steer teams towards delivery.
- You tend to over-communicate, are responsible, empathetic, and if we asked past colleagues, they’d say you’re great to work with.
- You’re a team player who possesses a nurturing attitude with the ability to both learn from your team and mentor more junior team members.
- You have technical experience with modern software development principles.
- Very organized and can keep track of the minutiae as well as how it all fits into the big picture.
- You feel comfortable diving into various tech platforms to review data, make recommendations, and advise partners for achieving their goals.
- 7+ years managing large complex digital experience, marketing, ecommerce and/or app development efforts.
- 5+ years of start to finish project delivery experience with an agency, systems integrator or consultancy or within the digital department of a retailer.
- A clear understanding of the digital landscape and terminology.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Proven expertise in resourcing, financial planning, scope and budget management.
- Understanding the intersection of creative, marketing, technology, and operations to meet business goals.
- Experience controlling the process, delivery, quality, and documentation of complex projects.
- Experience with professional services business and maintaining successful client relationships.
- Ability to guide a client through the web design/development process.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously, bringing calm to chaos as needed.
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-managed, and can thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to craft and deliver presentations, project briefs, emails.
- Stress-tolerant, calm under pressure and able to manage multiple projects.
- Competitive salary
- 16 days PTO + 8 Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (partially paid for you)
- Annual Education Allowance
- 401k + 4% match
- Group Term Life insurance
- 5 Week paid (80%) Sabbatical every 5 years of employment
Why Work Here?
GRAYBOX is the premier Digital Consulting Agency in Portland. We're experts in Digital-First Strategy, Creative, Technology and Consulting.
We plan, design and build a variety of digital experiences including websites, web applications, mobile applications, ecommerce stores of all sizes, digital marketing campaigns, videos and virtual reality. If it touches the internet, we probably help with it.
We have about 40 people on staff + an extensive network of local freelancers. The company was founded in early 2009 and is widely regarded as an awesome place to work.
GRAYBOX affirms the diversity of our local communities including race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity / expression. We welcome candidates who reflect our growing regional and national diversity.