Internet of Things
Today, many devices are internet-connected. We work to develop and design the infrastructure for internet-connected devices and sensors to communicate, streamline operations and improve efficiency.
Connect and Understand the Physical World
The internet of things (IoT) is a rapidly expanding network of devices that enables new forms of controls, communication and understanding of our physical world in a digital way.
The internet of things is enabling brand new forms of communication, connection and reporting by connecting physical devices to the internet- literally. They enable voice control, atmospheric triggers, in-the-field data gathering, real-world analytics and many other features improve operations or the business in general.
We've worked in a variety of ways with this new mesh of devices:
- We've connected small tracking devices to collect data and analytics in physical stores or street corners for use in digital marketing campaigns.
- We've put GPS + massive batteries on large shipments to track container ships around the world with real-time maps.
- We've connected to manufacturing equipment to monitor assemblies and per-machine/machinist performance across the country.
- We've gathered data and and provided data visualization across a myriad of sensors from remote, satellite-connected weather stations.
- We've worked with large telecom providers to build mechanisms to manage the deployment and tracking of micro-sims all over the world.
These examples above wouldn't have been possible before IoT arrived on the scene, but the possibility of connecting any object to the internet has opened up many new opportunities. We can help your business strategize how to use this new power, or implement your desired vision.
If you’re looking for an experienced team to bring digital solutions to life, GRAYBOX is looking forward to exploring your next project. We’ll apply our expertise across many technologies to design and build solutions tailored to your business needs, and help your organization succeed.
Most businesses have hardware, devices and machines, but they don’t have a way to communicate with them. Small internet-connected sensors allow businesses to understand their machines and assets better.
Sensors are a way to digitally gather data to make sense of a given environment. Internet-connected sensors enable new workflows that organize your life, run businesses, and allow for more informed decisions.
Being internet-connected, these sensors need a home for their data, and that home is on servers in the cloud. From here, businesses can analyze the data, monitor what’s happening and build tools to leverage data.